Yay! My favorite month of the whole year is back! I love September for several reasons, the season changes, school starts and it's National Sewing Month. I love that this month is there to either cultivate your love for sewing, or to get introduced to this fun craft. There are so many fun things with sewing, from children to adult, there is something for everyone. I started sewing when I was young, my mom would let me use her machine. It was one of the best things she ever did for me. I made lots of mistakes, but she was always encouraging. The only thing she ever corrected me on was sewing too fast. Then she would check my stitches, and they looked nice so I didn't have any reason to change. Now when my mom sees me sew, she still says I go too fast :)
So this month I have several guest posters, fun topics and tutorials and some tips and tricks I've learned. it's going to be FUN! Just to remind you of last year, here are some of my favorite posts from September 2010...
My favorite hemming/decorative stitch... the catch stitch- A tutorial!
Using hand stitches- Tips and tricks
I hope you are as excited about this month as I am! Break our those machines, and find a project you've been putting off, this is the perfect month to get into sewing.



2 comments:
I actually get excited for this month too because of your blog. I love new ideas that just might make me go and start a project up.
It'll be fun!!
Post a Comment