Friday, September 9, 2011

Guest Post: Rebekah- The sun is shining in my eyes!

Rebekah is just older than I am, she cute, smart, funny, a great cook, and totally fun to hang out with.  She's the total package.  She's also baby hungry, but not for her own babies, for other peoples.  She is totally obsessed.  She's always loved babies though, so really its nothing new.  one of our other sisters (a guest poster for next week) is due to have a baby boy in October, and its all Rebekah can talk about.  So funny.  All of my sisters act like they don't really know alot about sewing, when truthfully their skills really impress me!  I mean I had to go to school to learn alot about sewing, and the just seem to know alot about sewing on their own.  Maybe its in their blood?  I dunno, but they amaze me with their projects and creativity.  Here's Rebekah with her review on a blinds tutorial she followed...
 Hey blog readers, friends of Sharon and sewing fanatics. I am pretty excited about my sewing project for this month. I went back and forth on a few things that I have been wanting to "attempt" to make. Most of the projects I had no clue and really could not find a good tutorial on how to make the item. Until one day as I was looking on Pintrest (which is Ah-mazing) I found this great tutorial on how to make Roman Blinds for your windows. I love this tutorial because of how simple it is to make, and there was not much sewing involved, at least not so much to make it an arduous task. I followed the tutorial to the "T". And my blinds turned out great. My measurements were just the same as hers were which made it that much more easier.
The hardest part of sewing for me, is making sure that my measurements are right on and that I do not make a mistake in cutting the material. I usually do, and that is a reason I do not sew as much as I really would like to. But I am learning and I do enjoy sewing very much. I love the satisfaction that comes from finishing a project and displaying it for everyone to see.
Here are some pictures of some of the steps I took in making the blinds, but really you should check out the tutorial yourself and follow her simple instructions. Click HERE for her tutorial.



Click HERE for Rebekah's tutorial on flower clips from last year

3 comments:

Shaina said...

Nice! I have a fear of wrong measurements too! They turned out great Bex!

Mags said...

Hmm, I wonder how you would attach blackout fabric though. I do really like this tutorial. Thanks!

Jess Cahoon said...

That looks so simple compared to the pattern that I have for Roman Shades. I may have to try this one out instead, when I finally get around to it.