Tuesday, September 20, 2011

52 Finishes: Weeks 20-22- Puppets

Do you ever have one of those projects that you work on forever, and then never finish?  This is one of those for me... sorta.  I have made lots of these puppets, only I have never kept any of them.  I always give them away to friends or family.  So I decided that I needed a set of my own.  I have about 6 sets of these puppets cut out, but again, every time I finish a set, I give it away. Thus they are a never ending project... until now! Cause this set is all for me, well for Jayne.  It's one of her Christmas presents.  I don't have to worry about her finding out about them, because I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog :)  We are going to get her the three stories to go along with the puppets. 
First up: Goldilocks and the Three Bears...
Next, The Three Little Pigs
 And finally my person favorite, Little Red Ridinghood. 
I started making these sets back in Jr. High/ High school with my sister Shaina.  She's made many of these puppets over the years too.  Someone new to the puppets is the woodcutter.  I've thought for a while that he needed to be added, but we just never had a pattern for him.  You see these puppets are based off a set of puppets my mom made for my older siblings when they were growing up.  Shaina, and I think Shavonne, made the original patterns from those puppets.  But there was no woodcutter in that set either.  I think he not only fits in, but completes Red Ridinghood's story.  Unfortunately for all of you, these puppets are sorta a family secret.  So I can't share my patterns or do a tutorial or my sisters might disown me.  Sorry!

To see my other finishes, click HERE

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Yup. You and I added Grandmother (and I like to make her with wire-rimmed glasses and an "o" mouth because she's being eaten! I love the addition of the wood cutter. I think I have to make another set too.

Dana Scarbrough said...

No need for tutorial- thanks for the great ideas! I started two sets this week actually, but didn't think of these simple stories!