Thursday, September 22, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 23- Baby Benson's Blessing Clothes

I've made several boys suits over the past year, and I think I have perfected the size and pattern.    I really love these little 3 peice suits, I think they compliment a cute baby perfectly.  They really are one of my favorite things to sew.  I'm dreaming up the details I want to put into our new baby's suit, so in the meantime I have some good firends who let me practice on them.  (It's such a hardship on them, right?)  If you want me to practice on you too, buy a suit HERE.
 Some of the special things about this suit include, satin ribbon.  It's the perfect way to dress it up a little bit
 Buttons are always a hard choice, I love bottons and it takes me a while to choose the perfects ones.  I want them to look great, but not be too flashy
Welt pockets on the vest and pants are probably my favorite detail of all.  Seriously, who doesn't love a pocket?! (Find an awesome tutorial on Welt pockets HERE)
Then of coarse the satin ribbon down the side of the pants, turning them into Fancy Pants.
For my other finishes, click HERE

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Very cute! Hope you get lots of sells! I'd buy one if I were in the market again.

Andi said...

Super Cute Sharon! Cat is lucky to have such an awesome blessing outfit! Hope you are doing well! I am going to Utah in a couple weeks to go to Hobby Lobby and spend lots of money on fabric and then have a sewing extravaganza with my sister! Yippee!!!