Thursday, September 8, 2011

52 Finishes-Week 19:Car Roll and City Giveaway

I was trying to come up with something that Max can play with at church.  Something that is easy to carry around, and doesn't take up much space.  He loves cars and "vrrrrrrr's" them (How do boys just know what sounds to make?) all over.  There are car roll tutorials out there, and also city mat tutorials, but none that have both (that I found).  I decided to make one of my own.  So I picked out some cute fabric, I love pokadots and plaid, and got to cutting.  I love that this car roll closes up with a button and elastic, I like it more than tying a ribbon (cause kids can't do that very easily) .
There are pockets for the cars to park in

And it all rolls up nice and snug- with access to just the cars if you don't want to play with the whole city.
Although who wouldn't want to play with the whole city?!  I debated on sewing on buildings, trees and streets, but I wanted to play with my silhouette machine a little bit.  So why not combine the two resources? So the city is made out of vinyl, and I ironed it on.
So whatcha think? Wanna come over and play?
You can't, cause you live too far away?  Ah Man!  That's OK though, I'm working on a tutorial right now.  It would have been ready, but you know, I have kids to take care of :)  However I did have time to sew 2 of these, so I'm giving one of them away! (Cars NOT included)  Leave a comment on this post, and when I put the tutorial out next week sometime, I'll announce the winner!
To see my other finishes, click HERE

17 comments:

Shaina said...

Oooh, that's a good one!! Yay for giveaways!! By the way, check out my post for today. You are the honoree!

Browning Buzz said...

My boys would love that!!! And I need as many distractions for them at church as I can get!!! ;)

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

I love it! I looks so good, you did a nice job on that. Love the combination of materials. Anyways, yay for give aways, I hope I win it.

BrittanyLane said...

Super cute! Love the button.

Cat said...

I don't know how you make all these amazing things. You need to teach me about the iron on vinyl stuff. You always make such cute things with it.

Mags said...

Oh wow, my 3 year old would love that! Actually I can see all my boys having fun with it. i look forward to the tutorial.

Nancy said...

I need something to distract Trevor while we're at church! Pick me!

Dana Scarbrough said...

so cute! Too true that there aren't tutorials for city mats WITH car roll-ups included. Kudos for making up your own! :)We're boring and so far I haven't made either and Caleb is stuck "vrooming" his cars on the bench instead! He would love it!

Shavonne said...

That is awesome, and even though I hope my name gets picked the next best thing is that you are doing a tutorial becasue that is exactly one of the things I wanted to make for my (2) boy(s)! Love ya :)

Artfulife said...

This is just so fun! I'd love to have one for my little monkey boy & if I don't win I can't wait to learn how to make one :)

The Willmore's said...

Kaeden would love this! What a great idea! You are so creative! Can't wait for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of worthy winner-ees posted here. The competition's stiff. So how about I lobby for the next best thing: a Sharon Craft night. I'd love it if you could teach me and a few other gals how to make one. I'll provide the refreshements-- just name your food favorites! ---Emily Frew

Jess Cahoon said...

Way cute. I am excited for the tutorial, although I may have to make mine with train tracks for Kendall.

Lindsey said...

That is amazing!! My little Elliott would love that :)

Karen Beth said...

Pick me, Pick me!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Love it! You always make the cutest things!

idasale said...

Oh my goodness this is such a cute idea!!!anifyin