Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guest Post: Rebekah makes some flower clips

Rebekah is delightful. She's funny, smart, nice, outgoing, creative, loving, oh man, she's everything great. She's my sister!! I love to have late night conversations with Reba, she's always there when I want to talk. Here's funny story.... When I was in 5th grade, Rebekah was in 8th, and she was soooooooo cool. Our school had a talent show and I decided I was going to sing (I can't sing- something I realize now). I sang that song from Fievel Goes West . So when it was my turn, I was totally ready to back out, but i got up there. Rebekah stood and cheered for me and yelled that I was her sister. Then I sang. Afterwards, there was silence. Then Reba started to cheer and yell, and I felt a lot better. That's why she's my BFF


To make a cute felt flower clips follow these simple instructions.

#1) Cut out 8 large petals and 8 small petals in the color of your choice.

#2) Get a needle and thread (thread should be the same color or close there too of the felt color that you are using)

#3) take one of your large petals and fold it in half (like the way of a hot dog) and sew at the base of the petal back and forth 2 times. Then continue this step with the other 7 petals until you get the form of a flower.
Then take the smaller petals and do the same, once done with the small petals sew then to the larger ones as if to make it look like a real flower would.

#4) Choose a button that you like best to go with your felt flower.

#5) Sew the button on in the middle of the flower. (This acts as not only as a little bling to your flower but it also covers up the sewing job you did earlier.) Sorry my picture is not so great, my lighting in my house is not so good and my camera is not the best either, but hopefully you get the idea.

#6) Now take a bar clip that you can find at the craft store and hot clue the flower the to clip. Some people will hot glue some ribbon to the clip first so as to hide the clip, I don't but would recommend it.

#7) Admire you work.
#8) Have your beautiful daughter model for you and show off your talents.

2 comments:

Shaina said...

Very cute and simple idea to make some hairclips!! Thanks Bex!

Nancy said...

I wear mine all the time! I'll never forget making these with Karissa haha...yeah. Good times. Did you get Kristen's hair cut?