I found this little foot stool at garage sale behind a bunch of other junk. I knew I had to have it, but I was in a little town and I only had a couple dollars. Well I made my offer of 4 big ones, and it was accepted. I've never recovered anything before, but there's a first time for everything, right? OK, so here it the before...

I took it apart to find some pretty gross innards... and I didn't want to spend an extra $35.00 on a new pad, so I just used an old pillow I had for the new cushion.
I took it apart to find some pretty gross innards... and I didn't want to spend an extra $35.00 on a new pad, so I just used an old pillow I had for the new cushion.
I measured the old red cover, added an inch seam allowance. Then I measured, cut out my new fabric, and sewed a new cover.

The end result could be improved upon, but I still love my new old foot stool. I think eventually I'm going to refinish the legs, but for now I'm going to kick my feet up and rest.
The end result could be improved upon, but I still love my new old foot stool. I think eventually I'm going to refinish the legs, but for now I'm going to kick my feet up and rest.
5 comments:
Oooh, I love it!! Love the leather.
I was just going to ask if it was leather...I'll take shaina's word for it! I like it a lot!
Nice background model! He must be taking notes from his professional modeling Aunt!
Max must love it too! Yes, I taught him everything I know about sitting still in a pose haha. It looks great Sharon! can I have it?
Great job!!!
Looks great. Every time I see it in your house, I will be jealous that you found it first!
Post a Comment