Nancy is the baby of the family. She's totally spoiled and you would think she would be a total drama queen, but she's not. She's the sweetest person you'll ever meet. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't always the nicest person to her, but I love her more than anything now. She stayed with me this summer and it was so great to have her around. I always had someone to talk to. The kids love her, and she occasionally did the dishes (I HATE the dishes!) Nancy makes everyday the "BEST DAY EVER!!!"
My favorite thing to sew are blankets. Of course, I've never tried to sew anything else...my favorite part of sewing a blanket is using it the night you finish. It's the best feeling!! My second favorite part of sewing, however, is cutting the fabric. Everyone hates this part, but I thoroughly enjoy it. I like sitting down with some music in my ears or watching TV.
Here's my trusty assistant, Trevor, helping me cut up some sweet Elvis material for a blanket I'm working on.
Here's my trusty assistant, Trevor, helping me cut up some sweet Elvis material for a blanket I'm working on.

The first thing you have to do is wash your material. That way, it wont shrink after you cut the pieces. Then you pick the size and pattern, then measure and cut!
After you cut, lay out your pieces and get to work! In no time, you'll be layin' in bed with that oh "sew" comfy blanket keeping you warm. 
3 comments:
I think it is funny that Trevor is the one cutting the material when Nancy is the one who said that she likes to cut. Before she said that Trevor was the one cutting the material, I thought her arms looked a little manly!
Trevor likes to cut the material on the wrong side of the plastic guide...or have I been doing it wrong all these years?
I love making blankets. They make me happy.
Ok to be honest, I cut up all that material earlier in the week. That piece was just scrap that I had pretend to cut. When he did help, we cut it the right way.
Post a Comment