Monday, August 29, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 18- Lamb Hat Giveaway!

Did you know, I've been blogging for 4 Years?! I have, as of last Friday.  You can read my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year wrap ups if you want to...

Some of my favorite things that have happened this year...
September sewing month, which will happen again, starting Thursday! Yay!
I love pumpkins
Family pictures are so great, and they captured Max sitting up for the first time!
I started my 52 finishes Project, and I will finish it too :)
You learned about my crazy super market happenings.  This one involving the invention of the quesadilla
Darick's family had their first reunion!

Shall we move on to even more exciting things? Cool.  So I saw this hat and thought it was super cute.  I knew I could recreate it, and so I got to work.  Here's the result...

Instead of having it tie ( too much hassle with a baby/child) I just made a strap that buttons.    I love how it turned out!  I won't tell how I did it, cause I don't think that would be fair to the original artist(but I did crochet it)  I think this hat would be cute pretty much anytime of the year.  Halloween? Yes please!  Snowy day? For sure! Just because? Why not?!  And just because I am celebrating.... I'm gonna give this hat away!  You'll have til Friday to leave a comment telling me what you would use this hat for. I would say it might be a smidge too small on Jayne for everyday wear, but Max was taking a nap during the picture.  So I would say newborn-3years old?  But hey, whatever floats your boat. 
To see my other finishes, Click here!  thanks for celebrating with me!

6 comments:

Shaina said...

Well, I'd probably give it away as a baby shower gift, and sing your praises for your awesome crochet (and slipper-knitting) prowess.

Sarah said...

I would love to use for taking pictures of little kiddos!

Mags said...

Super cute! I would probably give it to a really cute baby.

Jess Cahoon said...

I would use it this winter for the cutest baby girl in the world... mine of course. Not that other mom's don't also have what they consider the cutest baby in the world. =)

Emily M said...

A better question is what would I NOT use it for. Right now I'd love to put it on my little sheep who won't stay still long enough to fall asleep in the hopes that he would count himself over and over until he finally gave in to the wooly bliss of sleep.

Nancy said...

I'd probably give it to Max! haha