Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chistmas Stockings

I've been sewing this weekend, but most of it is top secret and can't be posted on the good ol' blog...
My mom has 10 kids, she's pretty much amazing. And she made each of us 10 kids a Christmas stocking out of felt. Several of us kids want those same kind of stockings for our families.... and I am one of them, our stockings can be seen here. I also made stockings for Darick's sister's family last year (check them out here) and helped Courtney make her family some, and her brother in law's family. They're fun to make, but time consuming! And it's hard to come up with new ideas. When I get asked to make them for others, I don't really know what to say (I always say yes- but I'm not making any promises here). I think part of the reason my mom's stockings are so cool, is because we all know she made them for us, and that's why we all love them so much. So when I make a stocking for someone, I always make sure I put that same love and thought my mom put into ours. So here's the stockings I started working on for my sister Rebekah's family, they still need some work, but the basic foundation is finished...


4 comments:

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

I cannot wait to see them in person. They are really really cute. Thanks so much shari for doing this for my girls. Love you to pieces. U r the best! and so talented.

courtney said...

Those are cool! They remind me of the stocking mom made for me, the milk maid.

I'm learning about couponing today, I'll tell you all about it. The lady told me she never buys cereal for more than 50 cents and even that is steep for her, it is more like 30 cents. We could go to Smiths and clean out their sale.

kdaygirl said...

I want to make ours, do u have a pattern that u are using? If so can u bring it with u for Thanksgiving?

Sharon said...

i can bring bekah's stockings for a pattern