Monday, November 2, 2009

Snickerdoodles

Darick Loves snickerdoodles. They are number one in his cookie world. Since the Holiday season has officially begun, here's the snickerdoodle recipe I make, and they are GOOD.

Cream together:
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 C. Butter Flavor CRISCO (key ingredient, don't go for cheap here) shortening
2 eggs
2 TBS. Milk
1 ts. Vanilla

Combine in separate bowl
2 3/4 C. flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Salt

Add dry ingredients to cream mix slowly
In a plastic zip lock bag mix
1/2 C. sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Make Dough into balls, and drop in bag O Cini-Sugar. coat and place on a cookie sheet
bake cookies @ 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes
*DO NOT OVER COOK, cool for 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet and enjoy!

4 comments:

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Yummm!!! I love the baking season.

Chelsea said...

Can the crisco be substituted for butter? I don't usually have crisco on hand, it basically grosses me out. PS are these the chewey-not-cruncy kind of snickerdoodles?

Sharon said...

no, you have to use crisco, or they'll be crunchy. these cookies are chewy and delicious

Chelsea said...

Good to know, I'll just have to get over my crisco-phobia.