Saturday, March 7, 2009

breakfast, the most important meal of the day

darick and i love breakfast. growing up my mom and dad made the best breakfasts. we had fried potatoes, biscuits, eggs, bacon, toast, juice, sausage gravy... basically breakfast essentials. darick had sticky buns, pancakes, French toast, cream of wheat, waffles, scones, cinnamon rolls, omelets and breakfast burritos (i had these things too, but not very often... he had them every week, they had a day for everything- Monday:French toast, Tuesday:cream of wheat...)
so back to my real story, we always make a big breakfast on the weekends, and lots of week nights too! we love breakfast food! today we had french toast. we have some of my nieces and nephews over (i guess they ate breakfast before they came over, but apparently they were starving because they wanted a hearty breakfast too)

here i am cooking

plus i did my hair curly for y'all

and finally the finished product, french toast with strawberries, bananas, and powdered sugar with a side of orange juice

have a good Saturday, the weekend has just begun!

4 comments:

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Mmmmm breakfast! Love it. I also really like you hair. The plact shavonne and I got ou r hair done at was also called the hair co. How ironic. Looks great babe!

Emily M said...

I miss these breakfasts. James is NOT a breakfast person, so I don't do it as often as I should. I really should, though-- for the kids!

Shaina said...

Love your curly hair!! I can't believe you managed to get a haircut for 15 bucks too.

kdaygirl said...

Addi called this bread with strawberries and circles. Those are the bananas. He love breakfast as does everyone in our family!