Buttons!!

I love buttons! There are so many different styles, sizes, colors. There's glass, wood, plastic and fabric buttons too! I work an antique store and we have all of these buttons in the store, even a bathtub full of them. Kids love playing in the bathtub of buttons. Addi used to do it all the time.
People come in with some of the neatest projects to do that require buttons and i love to see what people are creating.
I love buttons! There are so many different styles, sizes, colors. There's glass, wood, plastic and fabric buttons too! I work an antique store and we have all of these buttons in the store, even a bathtub full of them. Kids love playing in the bathtub of buttons. Addi used to do it all the time.
People come in with some of the neatest projects to do that require buttons and i love to see what people are creating.
One of my favorite things to make is earrings. I love to match my earrings to my shirt and I have a shirt that I love but I didn't have a pair of earrings to wear with it. I have a lot of beads and jewelry stuff and when Sharon told me my post was buttons I decided to get creative. Here is the shirt I needed to match and here are the earrings I made to go with them. I used buttons from the bathtub and an existing junky necklace that I took apart. I plan on making a necklace to match but didn't have enough time.
I think the result was a perfect match!
The next thing I love is clocks! Shaina and i had a clock that actually spelled out the word clock, it was the best! I have a clock in almost every room of my house and I needed one more for the kitchen.
Anyway i saw a clock on pinterest that was made with buttons that was really cool and thought "that can't be to hard to make".
I found this clock at savers for half off and took it apart and painted (didn't have the color I thought I did, so it's covered in paper for now) it orange. I then found some neat fall colors of buttons and glued those down. This whole project cost me about $3.00. I used smaller buttons because the clock face was smaller, if you do a bigger size clock it would be neat to use large and small buttons as accents.
Here are a few projects, using buttons that made me think of corks and shaina.
2 comments:
way to go! I have the clock (ha ha ha) and keep meaning to bring it to life again.
Oh, and the button tree reminds me of corks too!
I do like that tree and the colors are the colors that I am totally and completely drawn to.
Great button ideas!
Post a Comment