Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Guest Post: Karissa becomes a home owner

My sister in law Karissa has a great eye for decorating.  Her house is so cute, and she and my brother just bought their first home.  You guys, they moved in on Saturday and already have it looking super cute.  Really she is amazing. 
 
Ian and I just bought our first home! While waiting on the long process I decided to make a fall wreath for my new front door! I have never really done seasonal decorations while living in apartments but I knew I would want them for my house one day. Also I love fall decorations, the colors are gorgeous! So I went to hobby lobby and grabbed the cheapest plain wreath and some sparkly acorns that caught my eye. Then I got fabric at Joanne's. All the fall fabrics were on sale so I picked out four that I thought went well together and got a quarter yard of each. Next, I cut circles out of the fabric, folded the circles in half and then in half again and hot glued those into a circle or fan shape. Then I filled in the centers with more folded circles to make them look like flowers and to make each flower full, and hot glued the acorns in the bottom corner of the wreath. I love it on my new front door :)



3 comments:

Shaina said...

great wreath~ So pretty!

courtney said...

Congrats on your new home, it is super fun to decorate a home to be your own! Fall colors are my favorite, nice wreath!

Nancy said...

That is so cute!!