Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Guest post: Shavonne and her little Samuel Rabbit

Shavonne is a time traveler.  That's the only way I can explain how much she gets done.  She is an amazing knitter, a wife, momma, nurse, quilter, book enthusiast, and cook.  She even makes her bed.  she's everything I want to be when I grow up :)
 
One of the (many) times I was browsing Pinterest I came across this cute bunny hat  
 from http://omi-creates.blogspot.com/search/label/sewing I was planning on making it for my son Samuel for Easter this last year. So, when Easter came around, I cut the pattern pieces, and got ready to sew it when I discovered that my sewing machine wasn't working. It just wouldn't work. It turned out needing a new motherboard or something, so for several weeks I was bereft of a sewing machine. Well, Easter came and went and summer passed and the bunny hat still didn't get made, so when Sharon asked all of us to guest in her blog for this month I knew I wanted to try making this bunny hat again. I made the hat from the previously cut material and it was a little rough, so I went out and changed what material I used and tried again, this time taking pictures along the way. But, I also had the thought in mind to make a newborn hat also because I am going to have a little sibling for Sam by the next time Easter comes around again. (sorry the pictures are blurry, I took most of them on my phone, which I had more available than the camera). 

This is Sam while I'm trying to sew. He got tired of not being able to participate (If you look close you can see I have a Boppy pillow around my leg to keep his hands safe from my machine. He didn't appreciate that)
I was feeling lazy and didn't have as much time as I thought to make this so I purchased pre-made bias tape... that's real life baby!

My handsome model. I made it a size bigger so that it would fit him in the spring. He can't wait to pull it off! 

  I started off making a newborn girl hat, because that's what the Chinese Conception Calendar says I'm going to have (haha!) but I plan to make a newborn boy hat too. I'll give away whichever gender I don't have.
So, that's my post and hope you enjoyed it. Thanks Sharon for spurring me to finally get them done!

2 comments:

Shaina said...

cute little bunny! Good job!

Nancy said...

That is so stinking cute!! I love it!