Sarah is another really great friend. You can always count on her. She loves books, and knitting. She is passionate about whatever she is working on. She is so loving and caring, and she even sits with her husband and watches (knits during) a football game. She's adventurous and always dabbling in something new.
My Experience learning how to quilt:
After spending years envying the talents of my friends and family members who make beautiful quilted things, I decided I needed to learn. So I thought about asking someone to teach me . . .
That thought lingered for a long time; not because my friends weren’t willing, but because they are all so busy and I was too shy to ask.
And then I got really lucky, and I found this fabulous website

link to
After spending years envying the talents of my friends and family members who make beautiful quilted things, I decided I needed to learn. So I thought about asking someone to teach me . . .
That thought lingered for a long time; not because my friends weren’t willing, but because they are all so busy and I was too shy to ask.
And then I got really lucky, and I found this fabulous website

link to
which is offering this fabulous class absolutely free:
http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Craftsy-Block-of-the-Month/50
http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Craftsy-Block-of-the-Month/50
So, I collected all my 40% off craft store coupons and bought my supplies and some material. And I watched the first video.
Two months later I actually made the first two blocks. I don’t know how other people do it, but I like to sew at night after my kids are asleep. Sometimes I can cut out the pieces I need during nap time and then breeze through two or three blocks in a night. But that doesn’t happen very often, and yep . . .
I’m already behind, but it doesn’t matter because the class is available any time I want it for as long as I need it. But I’m not going to push my luck. My goal is to finish all the blocks by Christmas time. Here are a few of the blocks I’ve made so far . . .
Two months later I actually made the first two blocks. I don’t know how other people do it, but I like to sew at night after my kids are asleep. Sometimes I can cut out the pieces I need during nap time and then breeze through two or three blocks in a night. But that doesn’t happen very often, and yep . . .
I’m already behind, but it doesn’t matter because the class is available any time I want it for as long as I need it. But I’m not going to push my luck. My goal is to finish all the blocks by Christmas time. Here are a few of the blocks I’ve made so far . . .
And then, just to be sweet and make my life even more exciting, my wonderful husband made me a quilt stand for my birthday.
We found this website where we could print off super simple directions for building our own quilt frame and even simpler instructions for how to get started quilting.
http://www.americanknitter.com/tie_quilting.html
We found this website where we could print off super simple directions for building our own quilt frame and even simpler instructions for how to get started quilting.
http://www.americanknitter.com/tie_quilting.html
The moral of my little story is this:
Anyone can quilt. If you have the desire to learn this craft the Internet is a really good resource. You can also ask a friend. I know I’ve been dying to share what I’m learning with someone else. Don’t be shy like me. Just ask.
Anyone can quilt. If you have the desire to learn this craft the Internet is a really good resource. You can also ask a friend. I know I’ve been dying to share what I’m learning with someone else. Don’t be shy like me. Just ask.
PS- The winner of the booties is SHAINA!! call me to claim your prize :)
2 comments:
Those blocks look great! It takes a lot of exact sewing, to make such blocks. I'm better at fudging the lines, so I sew things that are a bit more forgiving. Great job!
I think you'd be surprised! Exactness is not my strong point. Before I started this project I couldn't even cut straight. =) Thanks for letting me post Sharon. It's been a lot of fun to share.
Post a Comment