Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jayne's Birth Story


This is my sister Courtney and me last time we were pregnant, we're both pregnant now too. It's tho only picture I have of me being pregnant with Jayne (well there's like 8 pictures that we took, but they are all in these clothes within minutes of each other) I just wasn't into taking pregnancy pictures then, I'm not really into it now either, but thought I should document this pregnancy more. In this picture I was 32 weeks, and Courtney was 36 weeks, she had Eli one week later.

Ok so now onto Jayne's debut into the world
When: June 18th, 2007 at 2:37am
What :Pretty Baby Girl
How: All natural
Stats: 7 lbs. 8oz, 21 in. long.. with some hair


I think I was in denial when I was in labor with Jayners... I knew I was having a baby, but completely ignored the fact. It all started The Thursday before. I went into the doctor for my weekly checkup, and the doctor checked my. I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. The doctor told my that he could strip my membranes and put me into labor if I wanted. I was really done being pregnant, but my mom was coming down the following week, and she wouldn't have been very happy if I had the baby before she got there, well on purpose. The doctor said that he didn't think I would make it to my next appointment, and I left merrily on my way. I called my mom and told her all that happened. She was planning on coming down like the following Friday, but changed her mind and was going to come Tuesday instead. So that Saturday I knew I had some cleaning to do, and pretty much crawled around the house all day scrubbing at all the little corners. My mom called me that day and said she was coming after church the next day. Yahoo! I thought. So instead of taking things easy, I did jumping jacks, jump roped, and jumped on my bed for a whole movie. I went to bed very tired, and had an awesome sleep. Sunday morning came and I was having contractions, but not painful.... just tight in the tummy. Church started at 1:00pm and I had things to do there. So I went, and all through primary I had contractions pretty often, every time I stood up, sat down, and in between. About every 7-10 minutes. Then I went to Sacrament meeting, and my friend who was also pregnant sat by me. She was really funny because she was keeping track of my contractions, now they were every 7 minutes. She told me I was in labor, but I had things to do. You see, that Sunday was June 17th, Fathers Day 2007! And Darick's dad was up visiting because my sister in law had her baby the Wednesday before, and so my parents in law were coming over for dinner. Then we were going to play games. So When I got home from church I got down to business and made calzones. Then after dinner we all sat down to play games. It was pretty fun, during our game of Settlers of Catan my mom in law Terri asked Darick what he was doing.... keeping track of my contractions, which were 5-6 minutes apart. It was about 8:00, and my mom rolled in with my little sister in tow. We finished up playing our games, and my parents in law went back to my sister in laws house. At about 9:30 I drove my mom and sister Nancy over to Courtney's house to see baby Eli. Nan hadn't met him yet, and my mom didn't remember how to get to Courtney's place from mine. We stayed about an hour, but by that time I was sort of getting uncomfortable. So we all came back home. I took a hot bath, to ease the contractions, and it totally made them worse! By 12:00am, they were like 4 minutes apart and lasting 1 min. but I didn't want to go to the hospital yet, I just didn't want to be in the hospital in labor, when I could be at home. But by 12:30 Darick went to go wake up my mom. She came upstairs and said "Honey, you're having a baby. We need to go to the hospital" So we started to get ready to leave. With a cup of pebbled ice in my hand we left for the hospital around 1:15am. My contractions were 3 minutes apart and lasting for over a min. We got to the hospital in Rexburg at 1:45am. I was unloaded, and brought to the "labor room" The nurse casually came in to check me, after all this was my first baby. I was dilated to 8cm, and moved in between contractions to the "Delivery Room." By that time the nurse was trying to get an IV in me, and had poked my about 10 times in each hand. But every time I had a contraction, which pushed the needle back out.. I was checked again and was now at a 9. The nurse yelled out to the hallway to get my doctor. She finally got the IV in, but just then, before she could tape it down my water broke. It sounded like a "POP!" and the needle flew out of my hand and the nurse was sprayed with blood from my vein. She said, "well, you aren't getting an IV." checked me again and yelled that the head was crowning, and to get the doctor in here! At the time I didn't want to be touched by anyone, Darick just stood by me. I was thinking that I wanted to be really nice to the nurses, because I've seen those baby shows and all those crazy ladies yelling at everyone, and this situation was NOT their fault. Well My doctor came in, and he looked like some HOBO off the street. He was wearing faded blue jeans, and forest green shirt, and really old tennis shoes. He basically put his arms into his robe thing, put on gloves and caught Jayne. I didn't push at all! She was born less than an hour after we got to the hospital. I then enjoyed a turkey sandwich, cause I was super hungry! and we stayed for 3 days. I've LOVED every minute with Jayners.

8 comments:

Shaina said...

Ah, that was a nice story. It's better to labor at home anyway!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

I love stories like that. I should post mine too someday. She is super cute and I love that she is part of our great huge family. Yay for another birth story soon to come!

Artfulife said...

You are so lucky that you had an easy first birth. Most don't go that smoothly. If you went that quickly & smoothly on the first be very careful with this next one. It will go even faster than your first. You don't want to be the mom delivering in the car, lol!

Heidi said...

What an awesome birth! You were very wise to stay at home and labor..I'm sure that is one of the main things that made your experience such a great one!

Autumn said...

:)

Unknown said...

Wow. I can never believe how fast and easy you make it sound. You should have a whole bunch of babies. Anyone who can be that calm about it... I've never gone into labor on my own, which makes me nervous, but I'm kind of doubting I will this time, either. I'm alright with being induced. I don't know if I could handle the stress of deciding when to go to the hospital.

courtney said...

Good story, we need another side by side of us for posterity.

Don't be in denial on this one or you won't be taken to Rexburg, we'll have to take you to EIRMC!

Jennifer said...

Wow... ok THIS is what I want my labor to be like!! Wow, you ROCK!! Seriously, I'm jealous.