so in my preschool class we went on a field trip to see some giant pumpkins! they were so big, the kids were so cute, but i think they liked the bus ride more than the pumpkins themselves. The lady who grows the pumpkins was telling us about them, and how to grow them. she said that when the pumpkins bud you cut off all but one from the vine so all the nutrients goes to that one pumpkin. then you have to "tuck" it in at night, she would put sleeping bags over the little monsters. anyways it was really cool, and the pumpkins are getting carved in another week! so i got a few seeds to try to grow my own giant pumpkin next year, yahoo!
4 comments:
Those are ginormous! I thought it funny they "tucked them in at night". It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
Nice pumpkins! Too bad little Jayne wasn't there. Well, she probably would have gotten lost among the giant pumpkin forrest.
Very cool!
I would love to eat the seed from one those bad boys. Awesome, I want to try that.
Post a Comment