Monday, October 8, 2007

A cultural experience

Last Saturday i was visiting my brother Jamie in Utah... that night my husband and him went to watch the priesthood session of conference in the conference center and all the girls stayed home(one of my sisters, my sister in law and me). we decided to have some fun of our own. so my sister in law and i went to get a chick flick and food. we went to the "china isle" and DANG! it smelt to good. we couldn't decide what to get and so we got everything that sounded good: beef and broccoli, almond chicken, lo mien, lemon chicken, sweet and sour chicken, sesame chicken and egg rolls. the little lady taking out order was like "you must be hungry" because it was a ton of food for just three people, i bet it could feed a small army. so we got back, ate until we couldn't move and started our movie "the fountain." it was weird, i don't think i'll be watching it again, seriously it kinda freaked me out, especially in the beginning... i wanted to watch transformers but alas it hadn't come out yet (on a side note, transformers is a must see- i don't care who you are). so anyways, it was a sweet weekend by any one's account:) (this is a side note for Shaina- Jamie made sausage gravy on Sunday-way good).

3 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

Hi sharon- this is Bethany, I don't know if you remember me or not. I noticed your comments on Shaina's blog and thought I'd check you out. You have a cute little girl:) I have to say that The Fountain is the weirdest movie I have ever seen! The whole -eating the tree bark- totally grossed me out. Transformers was amazing! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Shaina said...

I"m all for girls getting together, especially when it's my sisters! What fun. The food sounds good. I like sausage gravy, but I like the hashbrowns even better!
miss ya!

Autumn said...

I agree- Transformers was THE BEST! Warren and I went to the theater twice to see it. ;)

Yum...chinese does sound good. Thanks for making me hungry all of a sudden missy. Warren and I made sausage gravy, fried potatoes and bisquits on Saturday morning just before conference started. It was divine. Our friends who never had it before loved it too. It's our tradition for conference as well as following dad's tradition of Christmas morning.