Jayne is in desperate need of some new dresses. Most of hers still fit, but they're too short! She's growing like a weed, a pretty weed through. I could buy her some dresses, but most of those are too big in the bodice when they are long enough. I figure that I didn't just take a pattern making and fitting and alterations class for nothing though! Sew(haha) last night this little creation was made. If I could do anything different, I would shorten the front bodice, it comes just a little too high. Other than that I love it! oh and the fabric for this little dress came from a men's shirt. I got it at a thrift store for $.50. I also sewed shirring to make a smocking look. So far Jayne loves it, I asked her if she wanted to take it off and put on some shorts... she said "no mommy, I gotta wear my new dress!"
9 comments:
Adorable!!! Oh, the dress is too ;)
that is super adorable. Good job Sharon! I love that you repurposed it from a men's shirt!
Really cute dress. Her hair is darling too.
Super cute! Love it.
she is soooo cute! I love that dress! And great job!
Super cute dress! I also like your potted plants on your porch!!
I think I've decided to rip out the ugly bushes and instead of planting a flower garden I am going to just put in big pots of flowers with bark or gravel around them so that I don't have to weed as much.
Oh my heck! I would KILL for your talent! Don't worry. I wouldn't kill YOU, because then you couldn't help me develop my skills. :) The dress is stinkin' cute! Excellent work! And Jayne is just the cutest little thing!
You are amazing, multi talented and very gifted in the sewing and design area. It is wonderful to see your creations.
Use your abilities to show us more things we can make from using what we have. You make a mother proud.
The kids are pretty awesome too!
So cute!!!
Wendy sent me over...I've been going a little crazy, making dresses and shorts for my son and daughter out of my husband's cast-off "button downs." Yours is really adorable!
Post a Comment