I was gone all last week at my friend's wedding. I went a couple days early so I could help with all the finishing touches, like flowers, setting up tables and lights, altering the brides dress... ya know, the usual :) I drove up to my parent's house on Monday, and got to work Tuesday. Amee, the bride, has been my friend forever (since we were 3 at least), and she married a foreigner on Aug 6th. They had a whole year since they got engaged, and he just barely got the visa he needed to come to America. It was pretty stressful because for Amee to move over there, it would have taken a month! Her now husband is a Scottish fellow named Adam. He is quite charming, and not just because of his accent or his love for "sweeties" aka candy, cookies, cakes, chocolate...
I spent the week just doing wedding things, it was fun to spend time with my friend again, and then meet all her new friends as they arrived for the wedding. The English guests were probably my favorite. They made me laugh with their amazement of American food, and how big our cars are. They also would say things like "I could only get 3 weeks of holiday," "Em" instead of "um" and "or-eh-gano" (like origami) instead of oregano.
Amee bought this lace in Scotland, that she wanted put into the back of her dress. I was freaking out a little bit over doing it because I was worried that maybe I hadn't done it the way she envisioned, but it turned out beautiful!. I also uncrossed her dressed straps, tacked down the cowl neckline and added ribbon around the seam at her waist.
(picture taken by Wynona)
After working hard all week, we had the rehearsal dinner on Friday night and walked through the wedding. Afterwards, we went back to Amee's parent's house (where the reception was going to be) and had a little bridal shower. Basically all the ladies that were coming to the wedding came, and we shared memories we had of Amee and got to know each other. I cried a ton because I can't see others crying and not join in. On Saturday morning, we all got ready for the wedding. Diana and Gloria (two of Amee's bridesmaids) were fantastic and did most of the bridesmaids hair and also Amee's hair and makeup. Thee wedding started at 4:00 and we all marched in. There were two bridesmaids for each of the groomsmen, and it was fun to outnumber the fellas.
Wynona and I were the Maids of Honor, and we walked down with the best man, Fozzy.
Wynona, Amee and I were best friends growing up. People used to call us the three musketeers and we were ALWAYS together. It was fun to be all together again :)
Then after Adam walked by himself, he stood there waiting for Amee. She was walked down the isle by her Dad.
Here is Adam saying his Vows, and all 8 bridesmaids (Wynona, me, Ariel- Amee's sister, Gloria, Heather- Adam's sister, Vickie- Cos's girlfriend, Diana, Mesha)
Here's Amee saying her vows, they were married by their English friend Cos (Cosmo).
The kiss... (you can also see Fozzy on the left)
Just married, everyone had paper airplanes under their chairs to throw at the newlyweds
Nona and I after the reception line
The "we did it!" high five
Adam and his groomsmen
Adam and the bridesmaids
The wedding party
The happy couple!
After the wedding, we had afternoon tea while the couple go their pictures done. Then was dinner and the reception. It was a fun event. I'm so glad that I could be part of Amee's big day!













1 comment:
That's really great! I'm glad you guys could be together again.
Post a Comment