Sunday, July 31, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

We got to Girls camp on Tuesday, and got the camp all set up.  then we had lunch and right after lunch our sister ward camp for a visit.  We made mustaches on a stick.  It was silly and fun.  the mustaches were then used all week long.
We had flag everyday.  I gotta say, I love out flag.  I get a little emotional when I see it waving.
On Tuesday night we had a mega storm, with hail, rain, thunder and lightening
we went to bed a little wet and cold, but still happy.

Wednesday morning we went on a hike, there was several to choose from, I went on the newest hike "Packsaddle Lake"  Basically it was a dirt road.   
  here we are taking a little break, I think you should stop and enjoy the world around you
(me, Ashley D., Krystal, Katie and Ashley P.)
When you reach the tom you have an awesome view of the Tetons and valley. Then you go down this little tail to the lake.
Here's a nice view of the lake

The girls were having fun, but a little tired. Then we got down to the lake and we were looking at the water and enjoying the scenery when 4 cowboys showed up.
The girls we instantly giggly, perky and flirtatious. The cowboys wasted no time showing off for the girls. One took off his shirt and started swinging from the rope swing over the lake. The were flexing, daring each other to do different things, and posing. Overall, they were just being boys. The girls were/are totally infatuated with them.  I was a little ways away and commentating for the boys.  I had a couple girls by me, and we just laughed at the boys.  They made for some good entertainment
On Thursday we made up a song about the cowboys, had water fun, a service activity, made necklaces and we had Bishop's night

Here's the Cowboy song, sung to the tune of  "Sipping Cider"
The cutest boy (echo)
I ever saw (echo)
Was a shirtless cowboy (echo)
With a square jaw (echo)
Repeat
He flexed at me (echo)
I winked at him (echo)
He made me swoon (echo)
I made him grin (echo)
Repeat
I dream of him (echo)
His wrangler thighs (echo)
His cowboy hat (echo)
 His blue green eyes (echo)
Repeat
His heart shaped bum (echo)
Looked super cute (echo)
His sweet tan lines (echo)
From head to boot (echo)
Repeat
He rode away (echo)
on his cowboy horse (echo)
He was glistening wet (echo)
 His hair so coarse (echo)
Repeat
The moral of (echo)
The story is (echo)
Be lookin' fine (echo)
All of the time (echo)
Repeat

Bishop brought chicken for dinner and we performed our skit and sang some of our new camp songs
(Kayla, JaNeil, Jackie, Sierra, Ashley P., Aroura, Katie)
On Friday we packed up camp and the girls got their awards for completing all their certification requirements
Here are the YCLs, we had 5 YCLs from our ward
(Shayla, Kayla A., Ashley D. Sharalyn, and Josie)
This is Elder and Sister Sorenson, they are the camp hosts this year.  They stay at camp Darby all summer.  They are amazing, she is so awesome, and he was really funny.  They were great to be around
There is an awesome slide at camp, I went on it a couple times.  It has about 15 rules to go down it, and you are always really nervous the first time you go down. 

5 comments:

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Uh seriously that is a pretty sweet song you made up there. Looks and sounds like you had a great time. Did you get a picture of the teddy bear shirt? What were the rules for the slide?

courtney said...

I've been on that slide, it really is pretty scary at first but fun too! I did it as night so you couldn't see where you were going!

I am glad that you have fun! I wish I could go to girls camp more often!

Jess Cahoon said...

Makes me miss my girls camp days. I grew up going to that camp every year and I think I have been on every hike there is in that area! =) I miss it!!!!

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily M said...

I can't believe you went to Packsaddle!! That's right by my family's farm where we have reunions every year. I LOVE Packsaddle, but I haven't been back since Harry was a tiny baby-- too hard to truck the kids along. I'm so jealous. I can't believe the girls weren't doing the rope swing. It's a blast! That sounds like all my girlish fantasies coming true. Cute cowboys showing off at Packsaddle. Don't tell James I just said that! (Of course I posted as him the first time.)