Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Carpenter Reunion: Seattle fun

After the wedding, we decided to go see the troll under the bridge. It took us a while to regroup, and we almost decided to skip it. I'm glad we went though, it was fun to see, and I love me a good troll. I especially love the story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff, and the troll that lived under that bridge. This troll had some fun Guerilla Art going on too

 After the troll, we went to Pikes Place Market.  I love going there and could look around all day.  Darick doesn't like to shop though, and wanted to leave.  So we wandered around the market place for about 45 minutes and decided to head out.  But first I wanted to get a ring that I saw...
Here's how the purchase hashed out. 
Me: Do you have this ring in a larger size? (The ring I liked was smaller than the finger I wanted it for- my ring finger on my right hand)
  He replied in choppy English, heavily accented.
Man: Ring for pinkie finger only, not meant for other fingers.  Only smallest finger.
Me: I don't want it for my little finger, I want it for this finger  (points to ring finger)
Man: Let me see, let me see (grabs my hand) oh yes, I can make bigger, very small fingers, very tiny, petite, I can make ring bigger.  let me see (still holding my hand) you 5 and quarter.  I can do
Me: Well, how long is it going to take?  I'm only visiting, and I was just leaving
Man: I do right now, very fast
(He started to hammer away at the ring- ting ting ting)
Man: Ok, let me see (takes my hand, and slides ring on) Perfect, perfect fit. Very happy
Me: Can you make it a little loser?
Man: Oh yes, you want 5 and a half, very good can do, just one minute (tink tink tink)
Me: Thank you! (I pay)
Man: Very good

After the market place we drove the 3 1/2 hours back to the Tricities

5 comments:

Shaina said...

So lemme see the ring! Has it turned your finger green?

courtney said...

Ya, I was thinking the same thing, let's see the ring!

Nancy said...

tink tink tink. very tiny. very petite. tink tink. I can just hear you telling me the story haha

Mags said...

Choppy English is the norm around here. I'm glad you were able to get him to understand.

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Tink tink tink, cant wait to see the ring. I need a pic.