We went camping for 3 days up in the Cle Elum area, by Lake Easton. It was so pretty there, but sorta cold. All of us were decked out in winter gear most of the time. (well except for davids kids who claimed it to be "hot" outside) The weather fluctuated between 49 and 61 degrees during the day. We set up camp on Wednesday afternoon, there were five tents, but we were in the large group area, so our tents were all spaced pretty far apart.
We all smelled like campfire, and looked pretty dirty by the last night. We joked about who got to take a shower first. Joe called dibs, but I said if we got home first, I wasn't going to wait for him. Then Dick chimed in that whoever owned the house (him) got to go first. That actually made sense, but after him, it was first come first serve thing. Then we started joking about leaving earlier and earlier. Pretty soon we were going to head back at 4:30am (jokingly). So we all went to bed the last night. In our tent we had 3 sleeping bags. Max and I shared one, and Jayne and Darick had their own. Well, about 12:30am, Max puked in my sleeping bag, all over me and all over him (did I mention it was one of those mummy sleeping bags?) gross. Anyway, it was a lot of throw up. We got everything and everyone cleaned up and put Max in Darick's sleeping bag with him and I climbed in with Jayne. About 10 minutes later, Max puked again in Darick's mummy bag. So now we were down 2 sleeping bags in this 40 degree weather. Our extra blankets were in our sleeping bags, and were gross. So we packed up our camp and left by 1:30am for the Tricities. We got there about 3:30 am, crashed for the night, woke up in the morning and took LONG showers. It was pretty funny when everyone else showed up at the house Friday afternoon, cause we did leave in the middle of the night!
Joe and Anna provided this awesome hammock, it brought lots of entertainment for the kids. Pretty much the best camping gear ever.
Max loved camping, but I was nervous to let him crawl around with the fire going. This child has no sense of fear, and loves to explore.
We had some pretty terrific fires.
Here's Dick and Terri, Darick's parents. I just love this picture of them.
Here's Bonnie roasting her marshmallows on her 4 pronged bad a** roasting stick (her name for it, but I did agree, hahah)
A look at the chaos
Coconut marshmallows are amazing.
Jayne and Morgan enjoying the hammock
Next up Hiking!








1 comment:
I want to have a roast now! btw Max is really cute in person. :)
Post a Comment