Monday, June 6, 2011

May Washington Trip

I went to Washington for a week at the end of May.  It was pretty great.  It was the longest I've ever driven by myself.  I didn't have another adult in the car that is. I had both the kids.  They were good travelers.  I went up to see Wicked with my sister Rebekah (read about it on her blog).  We went thrift store shopping, to the park, sewed a little bit and basically just hung out.  I got to see tow of my sisters and their families as well as my mom and dad.  It was a pretty great trip, here are some pictures from it.
Max with Rebekah
Shavonne with Max
My dad with Max
My mom with the kids
My dad and me
My dad and Jayne
My mom and me
My dad and Max
Kristen (Rebekah's daughter getting ready for her last soccer game)
Baili (Rebekah's oldest kicking the soccer ball)
We went to the Lilac Parade in Spokane, It's a pretty huge parade with like 250+ floats.  It doesn't start until like 8:00pm, but I love parades so it was fun for me.  I feel like a little kid sometimes, cause I love to wave at the people in the parade. 
Jayne fell asleep on Shavonne, it was cute but I'm sure Shavonne was pretty uncomfortable cause she's 5 mo. pregnant in this picture and Jayners is laying right on her tummy.
Towards the end of the parade there was an army of DeLoreans that came driving by.  It was pretty awesome.
After I spent a week with my family, I went to the Tri-cities to spend time with Darick's family.  I didn't get any pictures (grrrr!) but they were fun to see too.  When I left from their house to come home, I ended up making a wrong turn and went an 1.5 hours in the WRONG direction.  I get turned around really easy when I drive. :(  So I had to turn back around, and instead of driving 10 hours to get home, I spent 13 hours driving.  It was the worst!  I'm still not quite sure what turn I did wrong...anyway, I've just been recovering from the trip, and trying to prepare for our next one (we're leaving for Darick's family reunion on Friday!)  so that's why I've been so quiet here in blog land.  Summer's are always so busy, and this is just the beginning!

4 comments:

Mags said...

I love your family!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

I loved having you come here and stay with me. I can't wait to see you next month.

Shaina said...

Delorians!! Ooh la la!! Great pictures.

Emily M said...

Yes, lovely pictures. Family is the best.