Sunday, January 25, 2009

If you can't stand the heat...

I am now teaching all the classes for student teaching, right now I'm teaching about newborns (makes me want another baby really bad) and the principles of design, it's fun, and i think the students like me. if not- sucks to be them because they have me until April:) my week goes by so fast that by the time it's Friday, i think "SHOOT! i haven't blogged anything since Monday!" and since doodling is not the only thing i do, i figured i better get a posts in before tomorrow's doodle.

well, it's been a crazy week...
this weekend i went food shopping (something i have not done for several weeks) and i bought a ton of food, the scratch kind, no boxed meals this week. then i was feeling inspired and decided to make a bunch of freezer meals. i made manicotti, lasagna, beef stew, chicken noodle soup, taco mix, spaghetti sauce, beef enchiladas, fajita mix, chicken enchiladas, chicken taco mix, calzones, pizza, and wheat bread dough... and all of them are Xs 2 because i made enough for two meals.




and today we had Indian fry bread (this is also called sophapillas, scones, and Navajo tacos) i like it with butter and honey mmmmmmmmmmm, and darick had his with maple syrup (i know it sounds gross, but when you think about it you kinda wanna try it huh?) his mom made them for breakfast when he was growing up. these are also great with cinnamon sugar, and make great companions to chili. here's a sweet pic (i got like 6 of these plates from D.I.- i love 'em) Jayners was helping with all the cookin'
then she started haunting the kitchen


5 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so awesome! Those scones look soooo good! Good luck this week at school:)

Shaina said...

Nice! I LOVE doing freezer meals. Hope the week goes by quickly for you!

BrittanyLane said...

Holy cow you are so ambitious! That is a TON of cooking. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Glad the student teaching is going great.

Browning Buzz said...

Sheesh... You have been a cooking monster!!!! A lot of work at the time, but easier in the long run. Yeah, I'm already baby hungry and Cannon is only 3 months. Yikes!

Unknown said...

Sharon! You're amazing. An inspiration to us all. I could never cook that many meals all at once. Good thing, too, because I don't have nearly enough room in my freezer!