I'm in the middle of making a plaid shirt, which involves TIME (not to sew, but to cut out the pattern, matching the plaids is everything, and it takes checking and double checking to make a perfect shirt, so i hope it turns out... it's working out so far. i think i'll give it to my daddy-in law for fathers day)
then in my food science class i just took my food handling test, and for today's lab we did panel food tasting tests, and played with textures and colors, and all things that make food good. it was fun, i think my teacher isn't quite sure what to think of me, we were suppose to describe how we thought something was going to taste an feel like in out mouth by the way it looked and smelt. (i described a red drink as "thick, slimy and probably going to have an earthy taste".. it was canned peach syrup with red food coloring in it... so funny)
and i have a sweet design for nancy's dress, it's gonna be so great when i'm done with that, i bought some fabric and i should start cutting it out on friday.
bowling is so great, it's nice to have fun and learn some sweet skills, i think i might want to join a real bowling league, or make one of my own... we'll see
finally, i found a really cute little dress pattern, and i changed it up a little. i'm in love with it, so my non school project are baby sun dresses.... here is the fabric my friend brittany
(brittanylaneallen.blogspot.com) and i found at the store, i swear, they are going to be so stinking cute, so i'm busy, but its all worth it:)
ps- yes i forgot to mention my fam, i do still have them, darick had a little man night tonight which was "awesome!" we also are planting a garden next week, so this saturday we need to finish getting the ground ready. finally jayners is starting to stand up on her own, she's pretty much the best ever!
7 comments:
Hearing about all of your classes makes me want to take sewing classes again and a bowling class again. Last time I took bowling, I was pregnant with Kenzie and my nickname was big mamma. By the end of the semester I nearly fell over every time I bowled because I had a huge bowling ball growing on my tummy. (That sounds kind of funny but oh well.)
Great update! Glad you are enjoying your classes. Can you give me sewing lessons?
yes shaina, come over anytime, i'll clear up my schedule...
sewing is one thing I could never understand, no matter how much mom tried to teach me I just didnt get it. I think its a great talent to have. I bet those projects are gonna be great!
Fun times, Sharon. {:-)
You're description of the food is so you- and I agree...I don't think the teacher knows how to take you yet!
I can't wait to see the dresses you make for Jayne and for Nan!
Warren and I were on a bowling league the first year and 1/2 we were married...it was super fun- even though I wasn't that good at it. You and Darrick should totally get on a league later!
You are hilarious. I doubt anyone knows what to think of you. :)
Sounds so fun! I can't wait to see the dresses that you girls are going to make. keep me updated.
Post a Comment