have you ever paid for store made bias tape? you paid too much, because it is sew (ha ha) easy to make your own, here is how...
To Cut... (refer to video)
1. line up your two selvage edges... (like a hot dog)
2. cut a straight crosswise grain (the same place the store clerk cut, but use a ruler and a rotary cutter)
3. take the folded edge and bring it up to match your selvage edges... you have made a triangle
4. cut 3/4 inch strip ( because this piece was folded, it will be 1 1/2 inches wide)
5. each strip after this piece cut 1 1/2 inches wide
To Sew...
follow the videos...
6 comments:
Thanks sharon! That really helped me. I'll let you know when I start to make the apron!
that is awesome, do some more instructional videos!
That's pretty cool!
Bias tape is WAY expensive!~ I have made my own on several occasions but I really don't like to.
I almost would rather buy it!
Oh, and cool video, BWT.
Nice Sharon, now come and make me some curtains....
Post a Comment