Sunday, January 22, 2012

52 Finishes: Week 32- Baby Weber's Blessing Dress

My little brother Ian and his wife Karissa are having their first baby in February, a little girl. We're all so excited for them! I wanted to make her blessing dress, and they were nice enough to humor me :) I can honestly say it's one of my most favorite things I've ever made. (Max's purple suit being one of my other favorites)
 I used the same idea as Ellorie's Baptism dress, only smaller for a baby.  The dress has bridal lace on the bodice, sleeves and back. Lace has embroidery and beading With cap sleeves, back button opening, and long gathered skirt with ruffles. 
 Dress is 21 inches long. Chest is 18.5 inches. It's made from soft cotton sateen fabric, it makes up the base of the dress as well as the ruffles. I love this fabric because it's so soft and comfy against baby's skin.
 If the baby looks a little manly, he is.  Sorry Charlie!!
To see my other finishes, click here.  To get a dress of your own, click here.

1 comment:

Jared and Nikki said...

The dress is so beautiful! You did such an amazing job. And I LOVE that you had Charlie be the model. =)