Tuesday, December 6, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 31- Ellorie's Dress

My friend Brittany is an Artist.  A couple months ago I asked her if she would trade me a dress for a painting of Max.  She agreed, and made THIS awesome painting of Max.  I had the idea of what I wanted to make for a while now, but actually made the dress last week.  Here it is!  Modeling it is my niece Alexis.  The dress is for Brittany's almost 8 year old who is getting baptized in January. 
It's made out of Cotton Sateen mostly, but has a lace overlay on the skirt.  There is also a Satin Sash and ribbon.
 I think it turned our really cute, there were a couple areas I had to troubleshoot.  Like the ruffles- they were er.... fun to work with.  Overall, I am in LOVE, it was a pretty great project.  Its fun to make something from scratch and have it work out.
To see my other finishes, click HERE

7 comments:

Jess Cahoon said...

Wow!!! Super cute. Ellorie will look beautiful, but is it me or is it just crazy she is 8 years old already?

Artfulife said...

That dress is amazing! The portrait is so great. You will treasure it for years to come :)

Shaina said...

It's absolutely perfect, and Brittany did an amazing job at the painting of Max!

BrittanyLane said...

You are a wizard! I love it so much. Ellorie will be super excited.

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Oh my that turned out so pretty. I love it too. And the painting of Max is awesome too, she did a great job on that.

Annie said...

Amazing!!! So beautiful. I wish I had your skills...

Emily M said...

Beautiful! You are good at what you do. And so is Brittany-- the painting of Max is great.