Monday, January 23, 2012

52 Finishes: Week 33- Chevron Baby Blanket

I started on this blanket the second week of October.  I was working on it like mad, and was totally in a groove.  Then November hit.  I got super busy with other projects, and just didn't have a ton of time to knit.  I wanted to get the blanket done before Charlie arrived, which is why I started on it in October.  Well, December arrived and the blanket still wasn't done!  I started working on it more, determined to finish it.  I still had a load of other things I was doing.  December is sort of a blurry.  It was just a crazy busy month!  On Christmas Eve, I had about 10 more rows to do before I finished, so I made myself sit and knit til it was DONE.  I'm glad I did because I love that it is finished and Charlie sleeps with it every night (cause I wrap him up in it- maybe someday he'll choose to sleep with it?!)  This is my first BIG knitting project, and also the biggest thing I've  made out of yarn.  It's cool to think that I fabricated this blanket one stitch at a time! (It makes me feel like a super hero or something :)  Someday I'll knit really fast like my sister, I don't know how she does it!
 The pattern is free, and found HERE
 The yarn is a wool/poly blend.  It's yarn made to be made into blakets.  I love it, so soft, lofty and cushy!
 Charlie likes it too.... I think- he didn't exactly tell me :)
See my other finishes HERE

No comments: