Monday, October 24, 2011

WIP: Chevron Baby Blanket

I'm such a slow knitter that I decided I better give myself a few months to make our little monster a baby blanket.  I saw THIS pattern on the purl bee blog and thought it would be easy enough.  There are increases and decreases to keep track of, but with some markers, it's not that hard.  I've never knit or crocheted a blanket before, so this is kind of a huge project for me. 
 I like the stripes though, as soon as a get tired of one color- its time to switch!  i only have two more colors to do- gray and black tweed.  I'm excited to get it finished.  I think I would get it done this week, if Halloween goodness didn't need to get done first.  Maybe I'll have time this weekend?  Until then, I just walk by and feel it.  It's so lofty and soft.  It will be nice to wrap around the new baby during the upcoming frigid Idaho winter. 

3 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

So GORGEOUS!

Shavonne said...

Oh, you're getting close! And it looks awesome! What nice knitting you do :)I really like the color progression

courtney said...

Good Job!