Tuesday, October 25, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 28- Red Riding Hood Coat

Jayne is going to be Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween, and I didn't just want to make her a cape.  I wanted something she could wear after Halloween too.  So I used a coat pattern from Ottobre Magazine (the 1/2010 issue).  I used red corduroy for the outside, and brown fleece for the inside.
 The pattern had a collar and not a hood, so I had to make up the pattern for the hood piece.
 It has a little pleat be the shoulders, so it sort of covers her a bit more
 I think she can wear it until at least December, and then again in the spring.  She loves it and wanted to sleep in it.  Its so nice that she loves it when I sew for her!
To see my other finishes, click HERE

2 comments:

Shaina said...

it's amazing!! Totally jealous that I don't have one.

courtney said...

I really like it too, I would wear it!