Back in April or something, I made these people blocks, I just couldn't share them then because they were for a contest. I just stumbled across my pictures of them and thought I would share then now. They are a set of four blocks, consisting of heads, torsos, legs and feet. You can mix and match them to create funny people. They are sort of like paper dolls, but you just rotate the block.
We have a pirate and a teacher
A rocker and a nurse
And a lawyer and hula girl
So we get a lawyer rocker nurse pirate person... or a pirate nurse hula rocker. There are so many different possibilities, they are fun to play around with.
To make them, I drew the people. Then I painted them with water colors, scanned the pictures onto the computer. Scaled them to the size I wanted, printed them off, cut them up and mod podged them onto the blocks. Seems like a ton of work, but it was pretty fun and easy. I never won the contest I submitted them to, and I really don't understand why not :) To see my other finishes, click HERE
4 comments:
This kind of project takes artistic talent. Glad you have that:)
I really liked this creation of yours! I think you were jipped!
You could even print off pictures that you find on the internet, or of your own family! Great idea Sharon, you should have won!
The teacher does not look very enthused...lol. I like them a lot though. I dont understand why you didnt win the contest either, they obviously do not know what a winner looks like otherwise they would have chosen yours!
Post a Comment