Friday, March 4, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 9 "It's a Jacket!"

Don't you just LOVE Jayne's sweet posing skills?  I know I do.  This is a little jacket that I started last August.  When I saw that it would be a little big on Jayne, I wasn't in a hurry to finish it.  So I put it in her closet for later.It only needed the buttons sewed on, so it seemed like a good project for this week. 

I couldn't decide if I should do red or brown buttons.  It was one of the other reasons the jacket stayed unfinished, I just couldn't find buttons I loved.  After a more serious search this week I found some wooden buttons, and they are perfect!

 The outside of the jacket is a tiny brown Gingham, and the lining has little red elephants.  I got both fabrics at a thrift store a long time ago- like before I was married.  So this was pretty much a free project.  I finished it just in time for Spring, and it should fit Jayne this Fall too, yay!

I called it a coat when I went to have Jayne try it on, and she swiftly corrected me- "Mom! It's a jacket!"
The pattern is from the 1/2010 children's issue of Ottobre Magazine. 
To see my other finishes, click HERE

7 comments:

Shaina said...

Oh, it's super adorable!! Perfect little jacket. Georgie is jealous.

BrittanyLane said...

That is the cutest "jacket" I have ever seen. Love it!

I want to make my girls easter dresses, and I think you should come fabric shopping with me next week-ish. I'm lost when it comes to silk and satin...

Artfulife said...

You totally outdid yourself on this one! Adorable!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! You did not!! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Me: Andrew, Sharon made this.

Andrew: Sharon, woww! She's like crafty! If we move up there you guys should like hang out together!

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you finally finished it!!

Emily M said...

I can't believe you can sew this kind of thing so perfectly. You are amazing.