Friday, March 25, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 12- The Ketchup Top

Have you heard about the Boys Shirt Contest over at I Am Momma-Hear Me Roar?
I Am Momma Hear Me Roar
You have?  You haven't?  Well, basically, create a shirt for your little (or big) guy and link it up to her blog party going on today.  Then it will be judged, and if you win, there are some pretty sweet prizes.  Plus there will have a bunch of fun ways to create, sew, embellish and have fun with boy tops that other bloggers have come up with to draw inspiration from.  Its all very exciting. 
 
I have wanted to make a shirt that has a bottle of ketchup on it for a while now.  Ya know, I love ketchup.  I love the shape of the bottle, the label.  I love that you can buy a huge jug, or run into the fast food place and get a little packet. Oooh, I love everything about it!!  So a ketchup shirt just had to happen.  My sister Nancy was going to donate a bunch of things to the local thrift store, but I stole saved a couple clothing items, and made Max a new spring jacket out of it.  Here's a before of Nan's jacket
And here is the new Ketchup Top for Max...


I made the Ketchup bottle out of vinyl using my Silhouette (love!!)  so if you want the file, you can email me (share_roll (at) hotmail (dot) com)  and I'll send it to you- if you love ketchup as much as I do...
 Doesn't Max look so grown up sitting on our porch stairs?! I could just die cause he's so darn cute!  Yeah, I parted his hair (I'm one of those people) but I love it, I think it makes him look quite dashing :)
I just used one of Max's old shirts to get create the pattern, and cut away.  I used the existing hems from the upcycled shirts, and I think it turned our pretty cute.  It's a welcome edition to the Mr.'s spring wardrobe.
To see my other finishes, click HERE.

5 comments:

Twin Inspiration said...

I love this shirt. My kids and I are also lovers of Ketchup. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa
www.twininspiration.blogspot.com

Shaina said...

Oh, it's fabulous. I would never have guessed that it was upcycled. I love it!!

BrittanyLane said...

Have I told you lately that you are amazing? So super cute. Max is getting so big. We need to play sometime soon!

Nancy said...

Well I'm glad you found a picture of me in it! I knew there was one somewhere...
I love the picture of max so much its my background! He's to die for!

Kris @ everywhereorange.com said...

Love it!! the ketchup bottle is very cute :) so is your little man!