Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My first dress


I have to admit that I love to sew clothes for kids, mostly because they always look cute in whatever. Of all the sewing I've done, I have never made a dress for myself... until now. I used a store bought pattern, and mostly love how it turned out. One of the best things about this dress is I can nurse Max while wearing it. I'm excited to wear it at my brother's wedding, hopefully I can get the little man's get up done, then we'll be all set. Some people wonder how I am able to get all this crafting done, and I'll tell you the secret. Ready?! I let my house go, I don't clean, Jayne can get into whatever will keep her occupied long enough for me to finish my project (which usually involves her moving the contents of her entire bedroom out into the living room) So for a few hours of crafting I get to do several days of cleanup, but it's all worth it.
*update:
The pattern is McCall's M5974 "The Perfect Knit Dress" I made version "C" it's the red one in the picture. I used a dark grey knit, the color in my photo is actually accurate, even if it's in black and white :)


11 comments:

Artfulife said...

You look amazing! The dress turned out beautifully.

Dana Scarbrough said...

WOAH, smokin hott mama! I love the style of the dress too- what was the pattern called?

Mags said...

That turned out great!!

BrittanyLane said...

I love it! GEOrgeous. What color is it? I can't tell from the photo.

Anonymous said...

GREAT DRESS! You look so awesome!! And I love your secret! :)

Nancy said...

Dang Sharon! Will you make me one?! I need something for the wedding, mom and I are still on the lookout.

Looks Great on you!

Jared and Nikki said...

The dress looks great on you! I'm impressed!

courtney said...

It turned out really well, and it is long enough for you too! That is the nice thing about making your own dress, you can alter it to fit your specific body type.

Anonymous said...

You are awsome, knit fabric is hard to work with. It and you look beautiful. Very impressive.

Raychel said...

So cute Sharon! You've got the touch.

ADAW said...

Sharon! You look beautiful! You really are very talented.