Friday, February 25, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 8- Reversible Messenger Bag


When I was flicking through some of the Celebrate the Boy tutorials, I saw THIS messenger bag, It was one of those love at first sight things. Holy cow. I instantly decided that it was going to be my next project.  I totally had my nieces and nephews in mind.  Just picture it...
 This bag + a crayon roll + an art journal +  a water bottle + some goldfish + other treasured items = one happy camper on a road trip (at least for a little while). 
(front)
I decided that I wanted my bag to be lined. I followed the tutorial, but cut out two bags. Then when it came time to sew the pieces, I just put the outside and inside pieces back to back, and followed her sewing instructions.I also added a ton more pockets, including a zipper pocket. Instead of using regular biners for the strap, I used S-Biners.
(inside)
(back)

When I finished the bag, I realized that it was reversible.  How awesome is that??  I can't decide which way I like better.  Both sides have their fun details.

(front)
 The tutorial is totally easy to follow.  I would highly recommend making this bag yourself.  It's pretty much too cute to pass up. 

(inside)

(back)
Check out Punkin Patterns Blog, its a treasure trove of great tutorial gems.
To see my other finishes, click HERE.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I didnt realize it was reversible! Super cute.

Shaina said...

It's so cute. I am thinking that this will make Kolby a great birthday present, if I can wait that long. Probably not, though. It's too cute!

Jared and Nikki said...

It is so cute Sharon! I love the fabrics you used.

BrittanyLane said...

I totally love this. Also, your new blog topper. Cute!

Rae said...

sweeet! Did you send this to Vanessa yet? She'd love to see this...

courtney said...

I think it looks like a really cute scripture bag for the nieces and nephews cause you know that they always get a set of scriptures when they are baptized!

Artfulife said...

Very cute!