Friday, February 18, 2011

52 Finishes: Week 7- Purple and Brown Wallet

I was flicking through different groups I like on flickr, when I saw this seamstress who was totally amazing.  I was looking at her projects, trying to figure out if she made her own patterns or where I could buy some like them.  She had the word "Farbenmix" as a category.  And all of her descriptions were written in German.  So I googled "Farbenmix" and found an amazing source for some pretty fantastic products.  This German company sells patterns, embellishments and fabric. (probably more, I just don't understand German)  I managed to find this cute pattern for the most divine wallet. 

I've wanted a new wallet for a while now.  Mine is beat up, manly and old (I've had it since 8th grade- even though that was only 10 years ago).  So I've been debating making a pattern of my own (I've done so in the past for gifts)  But I really wanted to find a pattern that had everything I needed. (like a zipper pocket for loose change).  I also love my old beat up wallet, and am loath to part with it. 

So This wallet pattern I found is totally wonderful.  I did find a couple problems, but I think that they have to do with German to English translation.  I bought the English version of the pattern, but I think there are a couple of steps missing.  So I made a test run wallet.  Then I figured out the mistakes, and sewed this brown and purple version.  There's only a couple things different I want in a wallet for myself (like more pockets for cards, and not an invisible zipper- which is what I had on hand)
 Before you think I am just going to throw this one out, I'm not.  It's for my oldest niece.  I think she'll love it (and me!!)  After all, every girl could use a cute wallet. 
If you want to figure out the wallet pattern/instructions, it can be purchased here.
To see my other finishes, click here.

1 comment:

Jared and Nikki said...

Such a cute wallet! You did a great job, especially for it being the first one (or first real one).