Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sock Monkey Hat

When Jayne was first born, my sister Shavonne made her a pink sock monkey hat. It was one of my favorite things ever, and it was stolen while we were at dinner one night, right off the table! Who would steal a baby's hat? A Criminal! So I asked Shavonne to make Jayne a new hat because we were at the beginning of a very long and cold winter, and my baby needed a hat for her head! Shavonne said she would do it, but in the meantime I better figure something out because it was gonna be a couple weeks before I got a new hat. So that's when I started my crocheting adventure and started making crocheted hats.
I mentioned a couple weeks ago I wanted to start knitting, also inspired by Shavonne. She has a ton of really cute patterns, but I think my favorite will always be that sock monkey hat. So I've been working on making a sock monkey hat for our new little man... I made one, but it was too small, I didn't make it tall enough. So I started all over, this time even more determined to succeed! I took a few breaks in the process, but here is my first knitted hat.

Jayne was kind enough to be my model "it's baby brudder's monkey!"

here is the link to the pattern if you want to make one too! click here
Now I'm trying to decide what my next knitting adventure will be, I'm thinking a Dollie, cause I'm a sucker for dollies

9 comments:

Shavonne said...

Hey, that turned out super cute!!! How many did you cast on with that yarn? You did awesome!

Sharon said...

i did 72 then followed the large pattern instructions for everything else, and it was the cotton sugar 'n cream yarn... and i used size 4 needles

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

Wow I am so impressed. good job! I like the colors your chose. Baby Brudder is gonna look so cute!

Anonymous said...

i love this.

kdaygirl said...

Super cute.. I can see why someone would take it off the table.
What is the yellow thing on his ear? It looks like a lock?

Sarah said...

super cute! Great job finishing it. I'm about half way done with my little sweater. Yippy!!!!

courtney said...

You could knit a blessing outfit for baby brudder!

Sorry that we never came in on Saturday! after I got the shot, I felt sick the rest of the day and nearly slept the entire day. I hope I don't have that reaction every time I get a shot!

Are you going to submit the sock monkey hat into the baby boutique? I bet people will buy that hat. Eli still wears his hat from Shavonne but he calls it his monster hat.

Emily M said...

SO very cute. You are amazing. Maybe I will have to try my hand at an actual knitting pattern. :) And thx so much for the yummy freezer meals. We had the enchiladas on Sunday, and they were a wild success!

Autumn said...

That is the cutest boy hat in the world!!!!!!!!
You and Shavonne make me sick with all the knitting you can do! ;)