Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby Fair

The BirthNetwork of Idaho Falls is hosting a "Baby Spring Fling." On April 10th. It's a pretty cool idea. They're going to have different info on the hospitals in the area, midwifes, doulas, nursing information, and different booths that are selling items for baby. I was invited to have a booth at the Fair. I'm pretty excited about it. My only concern is I'll have a 1-2 week old baby... but I think it should be fine. I'm going to make some onsies with different appliques, skirts, dresses, booties, burp rags, toys, nursing covers, pants.... and whatever else I can come up with. I'm working on stocking up all my baby stuff now so I'm not worried about not finishing on time.

Here's a little sneak peak at my pants idea... I had this picture in my head of what I wanted them to look like, and I think they turned out way better! So the Baby Fair is the project I'll be working on for the next 8 weeks... hopefully I can finish everything before my own little guy finishes cookin'
(These are BOY pants)
The Front...

The Back (the pockets are my favorite part!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pants are the cutest thing I ever did see! you are such an amazing seamstress!

Shavonne said...

Oh yeah, those are cute! I guess I better get crackin' myself!

Bek Bek Bek Bekah said...

So cute Shari, they turned out really nice. I like the pockets too. It is nice that you have something to keep you busy until baby boy comes. Are you telling people what you are gonna name him because I want to call him by his name but not sure if you are telling people yet. Anyways, I am excited that you are doing this fair and I think that you are going to have lots of fun making all the stuff for it.

kdaygirl said...

Super cute...are they soft or did you make them out of jean material?
I didnt know the name was a secret..I think I know what it is too.

Sharon said...

Baby's name isn't a secret, but not a for sure thing, just probably... MAX. The fabric for the pants is like a really light cotton with some stretch, it's soft, but not like fleece soft, i got more of this same fabric cause i love it so much, and it was on sale for $2 a yard, it just hangs so well- normally $8 a yard!

Shaina said...

Wish I could get in on that action too. That sounds like a great place to buy and sell stuff. Very cool! The pants are adorable!

Rachael said...

Those are so cute! And the pockets will make little crawling baby bum even cuter!

courtney said...

Hopefully you are able to get a lot of stuff done!

Sharon, you have to tell the story in Walmart, I told Jared about it and he was "disgusted" by it!