Well, I didn't take very many pictures over the Christmas holiday, I wish I had... I don't know what my deal was! We went to my parents house for Christmas this year, we try not to travel at Christmas, cause of the roads and stuff. But this year we decided we wanted to go to Washington. So we had a candle light dinner Christmas eve, followed by a reenactment of the Christmas Story. Each of us had a part... I was the Angel Gabriel, Darick was King Herod, and Jayne was a Wise Man. Also in the play was Courtney and family, Rebekah and Family, Nancy, Dad (mom was the narrator) Ian, Karissa (Ian's girlfriend), and Yaseen (Ian's roomie). This is pretty much the only picture I did get, but I think if I could choose one picture to post, this would be it!
Then we went to my sister Shavonne's house, and spent a few days there. Darick played Xbox with her husband Derek pretty much every night. Had a birthday bash, with dad's beef stew (my favorite thing dad cooks) and other soup, cake and rolls. We went and saw Avatar at the Imax in 3D, and it was awesome! And we watched animal planet, and the history channel during our free time (we don't have those channels, and love them!) there was a really cool show called Cats101, and it made me really wish I could have a kitty (Darick even wants one!) but alas, my allergies. Maybe someday I'll get a sphynx (too bad they're kinda ugly!)


Then we drove down to the Tri-cities and stayed with Darick's parents for New years. We stayed up eating candy and playing games every night. I won all the games we played, it was awesome! Including phase 10, after coming back from being 4 phases behind! and winning by a whole phase. It was awesome. We hung out with Darick's sister Lisa who was at the parents house too.
So now we're back home, and I need to take the Christmas decorations down, finish unpacking our life we brought with us, and put my house back into it's normal furniture arrangement (right now it's in the Christmas set -up to make room for our tree) but all I want to do is knit. That's right knit (normally I stick to Crocheting). While at Shavonne's house she showed me all her cool new knitting books she just got, which inspired me to pick up knitting and refine my skills. I know how to knit and read patterns, now I just need practice. I'm working on a knitted hat for our little man right now, so I'll do a post on it when I finish (and I WILL finish it!) oh, and I start my new class, Fitting and Alterations, tomorrow, and am super excited. I love going to school for fun classes!
6 comments:
Georgie was sitting here, when I scrolled down to the scarry cat picture. She said "Oh,those cats are quite cool."
Love the Christmas story re-enactment. I miss that.
Those are some ugly ugly cats!!! I still laugh when I think of the golden hat Darick was wearing as King Herod! Have fun in your new class, it sounds like a lot of fun!
Sounds like you had a fun vacation! Have you seen New Moon yet? If not, we should go this week... Love all the pictures. I'm glad you are knitting. I can't wait to see your sweeeeet creations.
Yeah those cats were quite a scare, ew I would not like to have one of those cats. I am so glad that you guys decided to spend Christmas here, it was so fun to se you and hang out with you. I love you and miss you so much.
Oh man, that was the one thing that "defined" me in the family: Knitting. Now you're going to come along and rock-star it, like you do every other craftiness! haha, just kidding, I'm actually excited, hopefully it won't take you long to finish the hat!
That's so awesome! Love the picture! and I'm glad you made it all the way to WA this year!! I never take all the pics I wish I had around the Holidays. I'm glad you won all those games!! Yeah!!
Sometimes I just feel like posting. lol Thanks for your comment. I liked it.
Post a Comment