Sunday, March 4, 2012

52 Finishes: Week 35- Charlie's Blessing Suit

I actually made Charlie two blessing outfits, the first was about 2 inches too big.  I didn't  measure him to make sure I was making the right size, grrrrr!  But I liked the 2nd one better anyway.  It just came together so perfectly. 
 This little  blessing set includes separate vest, coordinating pants and bow tie. Button closure for the vest, soft velcro to attach bow tie, elastic on the waist of pants.   Fabric is soft for baby's skin. The main fabric is a soft micro Corduroy. It stretches with baby's movements.  The lining is made from a cozy Cotton Sateen, for a light sheen with a little stretch. There are ribbon accents on the pants, vest and bow tie. The pockets are functional (for that binkie, right?)
 I decided to use corduroy because it's one of my favorite fabrics.  It's a micro corduroy, which is perfect for babies, and not too distracting. 
 The buttons are a little fancier with a faux jewel in them
 The pants have a wide leg, I just can't get into the tapered look.
It was the perfect outfit to go on my perfect baby!
To see my other finishes, click HERE
I'm now selling this version in my SHOP

3 comments:

Artfulife said...

So stinkin cute! Oh & the outfit is cute too ;) Really, you did an amazing job on his blessing outfit.

Emily M said...

You are right-- completely perfect. I love it! The micro-corduroy is adorable.

courtney said...

I love the things you make, I think charlie is so cute in his new white suit! I need to put up pictures of the dress you made for Kenzie too!